Elections are now open for the following Governance Board positions
for the 2018-2020 (2-year term)
- One Position of NON-Parent Member open
- One Position of Parent Members open
If you are interested or know someone who is interested please fill out the following form: (Nominations close April 27th)
- The Vista School charter requires a blend of Parent and Non-Parent board members.
- Elections will be held by secret ballot. Only Parents of students can vote. One Vote per family.
- Please stop in the front office and cast your ballot.
- The election will be held May 1, 2017 to May 11, 2017.
The results of the elections will be announced at the next board meeting after the election which is currently scheduled on
May 16, 2018.
*For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the purpose of the Governance Board?
The purpose of the Governance Board is to provide leadership and vision for the school, to monitor sound policies, and to secure financial resources to meet charter goals.
What are the responsibilities of the members?
- Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues;
- Participate regularly in governance board meetings, subcommittee meetings, and attend required training;
- Promote communication between the GB and the community;
- Encourage the participation of parents and others in the school community;
- Work to monitor charter goals and improve student achievement and performance.
The Governance Board is restricted from action upon the following specific issues and areas:
- Administrative issues and areas that are procedural duties and responsibilities of Vista School personnel
- Personnel matters
- The day-to-day operation of the school
The Governing Board meets monthly and members also serve on subcommittees, which meet periodically.
New members begin service on the first board meeting following the election which is currently scheduled on May 20, 2015. For further information about the Governing Board contact the school or email email@example.com. Serving on the Governance Board is a gratifying way to help Vista Charter School. It is also a great opportunity to contribute to the community and to help further improvement of education in Southern Utah.