Applying for the Lottery at Vista is Easy
1. Simply fill out the Lottery Application.
What is a Lottery?
A lottery gives every student a fair and equal chance at being able to attend a charter school. If there are more students who would like to attend a charter school than there are available seats, a random lottery is conducted to determine the priority for enrollment.
What Documentation Needs To Be Included In My Application?
When you fill out the application form, you will be asked to attach a copy of your child’s birth certificate and current immunization record.
What Vaccines Does My Student Need To Have Before Starting School At Vista?
- Immunizations required for kindergarten entry (unless exempt)
- DTap – 5 doses
- Unless 4th dose was given on or after 4th birthday, then 4 doses are acceptable.
- Tdap – required for 7th and 8th grade
- Polio – 4 doses
- Unless 3rd dose was given on or after 4th birthday, then 3 doses are acceptable
- MMR – 2 doses
- Varicella (chicken pox) – 2 Doses (unless student had chicken pox) disease
- Heptitis A – 2 doses
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses
- Meningococcal – Required for 7th and 8th Grade
*All immunizations must be complete upon acceptance. This includes all Kindergarten immunizations and TD Booster immunizations for incoming 7th and 8th grade students. Immunizations can be administered at your doctor’s office or at the health department. Exemption forms can be obtained here: www.immunize-utah.org. You must take the online immunization education module and turn in a copy of the exemption form.
How Can I Schedule A Tour Of The School?
To schedule a tour, email email@example.com or call 435-674-4110