Applying for the Lottery at Vista is Easy
1. Simply fill out the Lottery Wait List form using the button to the right. (Do not move onto the enrollment steps page unless you receive a formal invitation indicating that you have been accepted to Vista School once the lottery has been held).
2. If you have questions concerning your lottery status, contact enrollment.
What is a Lottery?
A lottery gives every student a fair and equal chance at being able to attend a charter school. If there are more students who would like to attend a charter school than there are available seats, a random lottery is conducted to determine the priority for enrollment.
What is Sibling Priority?
Sibling priority allows siblings of admitted Vista Students to have priority over other students on the waitlist during the lottery. Once one sibling is accepted into the school, then his or her siblings are moved to the Vista Sibling Priority (VSP) list during the initial lottery and are offered a seat as soon as one becomes available. After the initial lottery, siblings of accepted students will be accepted in the order of their lottery number.
*Note: if you have an admitted Tuacahn High School student, your Vista applicant will be placed on the Tuacahn Sibling Priority (TSP) list which gives him/her priority over other waitlisted students.
Who Do I Contact About Enrollment?
You can e-mail email@example.com with questions. This e-mail is checked daily during regularly scheduled school days.
What Documentation Needs To Be Included In My Application?
When you fill out the application form, you will be asked to attach a copy of your child’s birth certificate and current immunization record.
What Vaccines Does My Student Need To Have Before Starting School At Vista?
- Immunizations required for kindergarten entry (unless exempt)
- DTap – 5 doses
- Unless 4th dose was given on or after 4th birthday, then 4 doses are acceptable.
- Tdap – required for 7th and 8th grade
- Polio – 4 doses
- Unless 3rd dose was given on or after 4th birthday, then 3 doses are acceptable
- MMR – 2 doses
- Varicella (chicken pox) – 2 Doses (unless student had chicken pox) disease
- Heptitis A – 2 doses
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses
- Meningococcal – Required for 7th and 8th Grade
*All immunizations must be complete upon acceptance. This includes all Kindergarten immunizations and TD Booster immunizations for incoming 7th and 8th grade students. Incoming Kindergarten students are also required to have a doctor’s physical (must include simple eye exam). Immunizations can be administered at your doctor’s office or at the health department. Exemption forms are available at the Southwest Utah Public Health Department for a fee.
Southwest Utah Public Health Department – 620 S 400 E, St George, UT 84770
How Can I Schedule A Tour Of The School?
To schedule a tour, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Christy Gibbs 435-674-4110, ext. 301
**Apply for the lottery by midnight on Feb. 25th. The 2018-19 school year lottery will be held Feb. 26th at 9:00 am and is for the 2018-2019 year.** Subsequent lotteries will be held monthly.
You must submit one separate entry for each student interested in attending.