What is the purpose of the Governance Board?
The purpose of the Governance Board is to provide leadership and vision for the school, to monitor sound policies, and to secure financial resources to meet charter goals.
What are the responsibilities of the members?
- Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues;
- Participate regularly in governance board meetings, subcommittee meetings, and attend required training;
- Promote communication between the GB and the community;
- Encourage the participation of parents and others in the school community;
- Work to monitor charter goals and improve student achievement and performance.
The Governance Board is restricted from action upon the following specific issues and areas:
- Administrative issues and areas that are procedural duties and responsibilities of Vista School personnel
- Personnel matters
- The day-to-day operation of the school
The Governing Board meets monthly and members also serve on subcommittees, which meet periodically.
If you are interested in serving as a board member or you would like to nominate someone you can fill out the application form: