Elections are now closed for the following Governance Board positions
for the 2021-2023 (2-year term)
Results will be announced in the May 20th board meeting at 5:00pm.
It will be held in-person at Vista School or also via Zoom.
Click here for the AGENDA.
Important Election info:
- The Vista School charter requires a blend of Parent and Non-Parent board members.
There are TWO positions open for election this year:
1 – Parent or NON-Parent Seat
1 – Parent ONLY Seat
The following candidates have been nominated for the upcoming elections: (Click on their name to see their bio.)
SEAT#3 – Parent or NON-Parent Seat
SEAT #5 Parent ONLY Seat
*For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the purpose of the Governance Board?
The purpose of the Governance Board is to provide leadership and vision for the school, to monitor sound policies, and to secure financial resources to meet charter goals.
What are the responsibilities of the members?
- Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues;
- Participate regularly in governance board meetings, subcommittee meetings, and attend required training;
- Promote communication between the GB and the community;
- Encourage the participation of parents and others in the school community;
- Work to monitor charter goals and improve student achievement and performance.
The Governance Board is restricted from action upon the following specific issues and areas:
- Administrative issues and areas that are procedural duties and responsibilities of Vista School personnel
- Personnel matters
- The day-to-day operation of the school
The Governing Board meets monthly and members also serve on subcommittees, which meet periodically.
New members begin service on the first board meeting following the election which is currently scheduled on May 15, 2019. For further information about the Governing Board contact the school or email email@example.com. Serving on the Governance Board is a gratifying way to help Vista Charter School. It is also a great opportunity to contribute to the community and to help further improvement of education in Southern Utah.