ALTERNATE SEATING IN OWN SPACE
Why should I do it?
- Some students find sitting stifling and constricting which can result in defiance, acting out and decrease in work productivity
When should I do it?
- When a student is easily distracted and is frequently losing focus
How do I do it?
- Explain to student that staying in seat isn’t as important as doing work
- Provide student with choices of: standing while working, sitting on feet, on their knees, or similar configurations that will not be too distracting to other students
- You can place tape around the perimeter of desk and show student that he/she can get up as long as they don’t go outside the boundaries of the tape