CLEAR, CONSISTENT, AND PREDICTABLE CONSEQUENCES
Why should I do it?
- It provides student with comfort and limits
- You remain in control of the environment
When should I do it?
- When a student breaks a rule or whose actions are disruptive enough to require a formal consequence
How do I do it?
- Always provide consequences to students in the most non-emotional state possible. If needed, take a time out for yourself before implementing consequence
- Be brief. Use fewest words possible to explain consequence
- Give a consequence for the behavior every time it happens.