COLOR CODED FOLDERS
Why should I do it?
- Improves organization
- Increases on task behavior
- Increases work production
- Improves homework completion and return
- Helps students know what they have to do and have completed
When should I do it?
- When a student is disorganized, unprepared, frequently missing and losing assignments
- When students frequently fail to turn in work
- When students are frequently looking through their things for papers, assignments, homework, etc
- When students forget what to do or forget to bring homework back
- When students have trouble keeping track of their things
How do I do it?
- Give the student a different colored folder for each subject or have the parent purchase these for the child
- Sit down and organize the child’s work into the folders, writing done on one side and to do on the other side
- Teach the student what to do with the folders and how to use them
- Daily or weekly have the student reorganize their folders if they get messy and disorganized
- Have the parents daily check the students folders with them and organize assignments in them
Resources & support for technique: