Move to a New Location in the Classroom
MOVE TO A NEW LOCATION IN THE CLASSROOM
Why should I do it?
- Can help students with focus and attention
- Increases attending behaviors
- Limits distractions
- Saves time taken away to address students
- Provides a way to break up monotony and large chunks of time and work
- Helps improve learning environment
When should I do it?
- When a student is unfocused, inattentive, distracted
- When a student is not getting along with a student near them
- When a student is talking too much with those around them
- When a student has been working for a longer period
- When a student is fidgety and moving around in their seat
- When a student seems bored or unengaged
- When a student needs increased attention
- When a student needs a break or change in routine
- When a student seems tired or sleepy
How do I do it?
- Simply have one or as many students as you feel appropriate get up and change seats either with another student, with an empty desk in the room, or to another spot, like a table, the teacher’s desk, on the floor, etc