PROVIDE A CONTAINER FOR A STUDENT'S BELONGINGS
Why should I do it?
- Provides students a separate place for his/her assignments and class material
- Provides a student struggling with attention, organization, time management issues with a separate area away from others
When should I do it?
- When a student has attention, organization, time management difficulties
How do I do it?
- Obtain a container (milk crate, box, plastic bin, etc.) and place the student’s materials in it separated into subject areas.
- Place the container inside the classroom at the beginning stages.
- If student continues to have difficulties with organization, you can move the crate outside the classroom so student can take a break to go retrieve his/her belongings.
- Evaluate the system with the student on a weekly basis.
- Provide praise when student can use the took effectively
- Provide encouragement when student shows signs of struggle