Turn Desk Around
TURN DESK AROUND
Why should I do it?
- Reduces distractions
- Reduces interruptions
- Helps students focus
- Keeps students from constantly reaching in their desk to get items and play with them
- Reduces fidgeting with objects
- Reduces extra activity of going in and out of the desk
- Gives students an opportunity to get up and move when they have to get something out of their desk
- Reduces time students spend trying to look for and find things in their desks
- Reduces clutter and disorganization
When should I do it?
- When a student is frequently getting things out of their desk
- When students have cluttered and disorganized desks
- When students are frequently distracted with objects in their desks or playing in their desks
- When students need frequent opportunities to get up and move
- When students are distracted by their desks and objects in it
How do I do it?
- Have the student turn their desk around so they cannot access their belongings in the desk without getting out of their seat and walking around to the desk opening
- Help the student develop a routine where they get out only the supplies they need for each subject