Vista is excited to offer distance learning courses for students this school year!
Vista’s K-5 distance learning curriculum is Edmentum’s Calvert Learning
Calvert Learning curriculum includes:
- An easy-to-use online platform that brings lessons to life with multimedia
- Hands-on project-based learning activities that build creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Guided instruction — suggested daily schedules, clear objectives, teaching notes to help parents guide young learners through their lessons each day.
- Best-in-class online resources that engage young learners
Vista’s K-5 Online Curriculum Parent Video link – K-5 Parent Video
Vista’s 6th-9th distance learning is Edmentum’s Plato Courseware
Plato Courseware includes:
- An easy-to-use online platform with interactive, media-rich content, activities, and learning tools.
- Quality academic online content aligned to standards that provides your students with the flexibility to complete coursework at times most convenient for them.
- An active learning approach that enables students to apply what they have learned, practice, and check their understanding.
- Opportunities for students to collaborate with their teacher and peers within the courses.
Vista’s 6th-9th grade online curriculum parent video – 6-9 Parent Video
Vista’s 6th-9th grade online curriculum student video – 6-9 Student Video
Vista’s 6th-9th grade online curriculum sample lesson – 6-9 Sample Lesson
What will a parent’s role be in online learning during the 20-21 school year:
- Stay in communication with your student’s assigned teacher by replying to a weekly email and participating in a monthly phone call or video conference.
- Maintain high speed internet access at home.
- Assure your student is making consistent academic progress throughout the school year in order to complete their online courses. Students completing all their core subjects at home should expect to spend approx. 3-4 hours on school work each school day to stay on pace.
- Parents of K-5 students will need to maintain a working printer at their home as some portions of the lessons will require printing. Students in kindergarten-5th grade will need a parent to guide them through the daily lessons and activities that will be outlined online. Parents will act as their student’s at-home learning guide and assist their student by teaching lessons and helping their student progress.
- Parents of 6th-9th grade students: All curriculum will be presented to students online. Parents will assist their student with completing their assigned lessons as needed.
What you can expect from your student’s assigned teacher for online courses:
- Responds to student needs via phone calls, emails or other forms of communications to answer questions and provide any additional clarification
- Grade student work and provide feedback
- Monitor students’ progress and success
- Prepare weekly progress report data which includes current grade, end date reminders, recommendations concerning student pace, progress, performance, and remediation as needed